Saturday, September 28, 2013

Shoulda brought some sleeping pills.

Hello! Happy blogging to ya. This is my attempt to fill you all in about my daily goings on, and to catalog this crazy adventure of living and working in Korea. So lets talk travel! Fourteen hours on a plane is not awesome, but it wasn’t quite as bad as I was expecting. Because of the time of day we left, it was light outside for the full trip. After they served the plane meal (Ben and I both opted to get the Korean meal of bibimbap and kimchi, YUM) they shut all the window shades and turned off the lights. I think they wanted us to sleep. I wanted me to sleep, but alas, it was many movies and a half hour nap for me. Once we landed in Korea we got our stuff and did a quick run through customs. We then had to locate the bus to Gwangju. This wasn’t too difficult and the transition from airport to bus was quick. Our bus driver was a freaking crazy person (apparently this is standard for Korean drivers) but we both slept some. Once we arrived in Gwangju, we were picked up by Amanda (one of the teachers we are replacing) and Will (the do-it-all guy for the school). They brought us to the temporary apartment we will be staying in until we take over Amanda and Johnny’s place once they move out. They also gave us some snacks and information for heading to the school the following morning. We crashed at midnight Korean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment